Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Palm Desert Punk.


Last sunday I went to the Garcia Plays Kyuss show and it was awesome. The special guest was Brant Bjork. At his merchandise stand I saw this CD and I bought it without hesitation, because I was curious. When I listened it at home I realized it was a Punk album. And not a bad one! Half Astro are from Palm Spring, California, just like Kyuss and Brant Bjork. These guys play some high octane Rock 'n' Roll Punk. Hybrid is their debut album and it sounds really nice. Sometimes it reminds me of The Dwarves and old Turbonegro. The last song Kings Of Tomorrowland is somehow Psychedelic. Enjoy!

Half Astro is a High Energy Rock and Roll band with new and old Punk influence based in the Coachella Valley of California. With 2 veterans of rock and 2 whippersnappers of rock they make a delicious combo of noise. HYBRID has been the only album recorded so far and was produced by Derek O Brien. In the bands short 2 year history they have already opened for legendary punk acts such as Adolescents, The Dickies, Agent Orange, and TSOL. Expect some pretty cool stuff from these guys in the near future.
(From MySpace)

Half Astro - Hybrid (2008)



No comments: