Monday, August 31, 2009

A Great Band From Belgium


Hypnos 69 is a Belgian Stoner Rock band with several influences. I've seen them last year and they perform very well. The musicians play at a high level and I like that saxophone.
The first time I heard The Intrigue Of Perception was on the way home from Roadburn 2007. And after those two days of great music this album really blew my socks off. The album starts easy with The Endless Void and while listening the album gets better and better. My personal highlight is Twisting The Knife.

"A thick and swirly combination stoner rock, psychedelia and 70s guitar rock with a little bit of old Pink Floyd mixed throughout. The Intrigue of Perception is a high-calibre mix of Colour Haze, Euroboys, Spoiler and Grand Funk Railroad, to name but just a few ingredients."
(From AllThatIsHeavy)

Hypnos 69 - The Intrigue Of Perception (2004)




No comments: